Financial Insights

World Bank sanctions Rs 770 crore for Inland Water Transport: Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma

Assam Prime Minister Himanta Biswa Salma said the Inland Water Transport Authority (IWT) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the World Bank on a loan of 770 billion rupees to improve river transport in the state.


Prime Minister said that when he flagged four steel catamaran vessels at Pandu Port, the central government would repay 80% of the licensed amount and the provincial government would pay the remaining 20%.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button